Things to consider when looking for your perfect rental. Part 5.
Sometimes it is the small stuff that counts the most. Here are a few questions I like to ask myself before getting my heart set on a location.
- Noise level. I love being downtown, but do I really want to deal with the constant noise from events, people, traffic, construction etc.
- Do I have a bike path for my late evening rides I enjoy so much (insert your fav activity here)
- How many outlets does the home have? I have a lot of plug in gadgets
- How much natural light does the home have? I love keeping the blinds open.
- Does the home have a lot of parking? I love to entrain guest and have frequent cook outs.
- I don’t consider myself a loud neighbor but since I love entertaining, music and chatters will be a part of the deal, is the home in a lively neighborhood that will be use to this type of activity.
- How far is my favorite take out place for those nights when cooking is just not in the cards?
- What direction does the bedroom window face? I am not a morning person, I repeat NO WAKEY WAKEY before 8:00am. I need to make sure that sun is not raising up gloriously in my window at 6:30am.
The point im trying to make by the above list is that find out what makes your daily life livable and see how your new home will fit into your needs and wants. These small yet important items are often overlooked because of the excitement of rental hunting. Once you settle in though reality can hit leaving you feeling like your missing out.